Remodeling For People With Disabilities
INCREASE YOUR ACCESSIBILITY
Create accessible approaches, landscapes, and doorways
Your first consideration for increased accessibility should be how people will navigate into, out of, and through your home. Let T-Square Company show you what is meant by an accessible route within and around your home.
- Wider entrances of not less than 32" clear.
- More open rooms for increased maneuverability.
- Disability friendly non-slip flooring and why you should install it.
- Barrier free living environments.
- Universal Designs to assist all users.
The bathroom is the most important room to remodel for seniors and people with disabilities
An accessible bathroom not only provides as much safety and independence as possible to the occupants but is extremely important for safety reasons
As accessibility experts certified by the national CAPS certification we can show you how to remain healthy, safe, and independent for as long as possible within your own home.
- Customized vanities with roll under capability that do not look institutional.
- Wheelchair accessible roll in showers.
- Safe and barrier free toilet areas.
- Reachable storage solutions.
The kitchen is the most visited area within your home and every part of it should be accessible to everyone without regards to their size, body makeup, age, or disabilities.
Incorporate the principles of universal design into any home modifications Especially in the kitchen
The diversity of the general population is immense and universal design provides home designs that are inviting and convenient for the broadest spectrum of people.
- Install sinks with lever controls and stoves that are wheelchair friendly.
- Install upper cabinets at an accessible level.
- Install base cabinets with roll under access in work areas or below sinks and cooktops,
- Incorporate pull out shelves or drawers eliminating the architectural barrier doors.
- Install storage that is friendly to a seated person and within the areas of use.